Health & Safety Specialist - Return to Work Specialist
JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc. is seeking a Return to Work Specialist to join our growing team! Reporting to our Health & Safety Manager, the Return to Work Specialist will be responsible for the WSIB claims management and Early Return to Work with additional support for the Health and Safety team of JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc.
This role will have a strong focus on the WSIB claims management and Early Return to Work with additional support for the Health and Safety team.
This position has a strong focus on proactively supporting early intervention and return to work programs for ill and / or injured employees. The successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight of complex workers’ compensation and non-occupational disability management cases; researching and making recommendations for reasonable workplace accommodations; assisting in the development of graduated return to work plans.
& the Duties…
- This role will include but are not limited to overseeing incident claims management processes, including reviewing claims for completeness and cost-effectiveness; analyzing incidents to determine if preventative measures exist and can be implemented; and working in collaboration with internal stakeholders in providing advice and support to departments on return-to-work and accommodation matters were appropriate.
- Our incumbent may also represent claims appeals and review board hearings, Worker’s Compensation Act Tribunal hearings, and occupational health and safety hearings.
- This work requires a strong customer service focus and care-based approach based on individualized support for our employees, balanced by the needs of the organization including risk-mitigation, policy compliance, and legal jurisprudence.
- The successful candidate requires strong communication skills, efficiency and thoroughness, initiative, and the ability to foster relationships that contribute to a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork. Excellent customer service skills, remaining calm in stressful situations and managing complex tasks under tight deadlines will be paramount in someone performing this work proficiently.
- Provides support to the Health and Safety Team.
- Supports WSIB claims management initiatives.
- Provides training to our Front-Line Leaders.
- Promote and comply with all JFE Shoji Power Canada Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, standards, procedures, and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Responsible for the reduction of Health & Safety risks and hazards
- Investigates injuries, incidents, near misses and supports efforts to identify root cause.
- Provides safety orientation training for new hires.
- Supports implementation of safety excellence program initiatives.
- Develops work procedures, and one-point lessons to communicate expectations with employees.
- Support Ergonomic initiatives.
- Supports Contractor management initiatives including completion of risk predictions and mitigation plans.
- Assist in representing the company in matters of health and safety with the MOL, WSIB, health and safety associations and other outside agencies and organizations
- Assist with updating and creating company policies and procedures in accordance to regulated changes made within our sector
& the skills, knowledge & abilities required…
- Minimum 5 years’ WSIB claims management/Disability Management /Health and Safety experience or combination of relevant experience
- Excellent working knowledge of OHSA and WSIB; and application of legislative and industry safety standards
- Ability to plan and execute daily assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong collaboration skills & team player
- General to advanced Computer Skills (e.g., MS Office)
- Ability to learn custom software applications
- A collaborative team member
- People-centric attitude
A successful, forward-thinking, lean manufacturer. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation of our product and process. We develop our people and seek to breakdown the traditional boundaries of a functional organization. We nurture ideas and growth and create positive experiences for our clients by taking on their challenges as our own.
On September 20th, 2019, JFE Shoji Trade Corporation acquired 100% of the shares of Cogent Power Inc, from Tata Steel Europe. Grouped together, the Cogent and JFE Shoji Steel America business make it possible for JFE Shoji to capture greater market share in the electrical steel market for both transformer and automotive products. The combination of Cogent and JFE Shoji has become one of the largest processors of electrical steel transformers in the world. JFE Shoji currently has many other production and processing facilities throughout Asia, as well as a facility in Tijuana, Mexico.
Globally, JFE Shoji enhanced the business’ competitiveness by sharing and integrating technical skills with deep business experience, which can be strongly applied to the global and North American markets. With this investment, JFE Shoji has one of the world’s leading processing and distribution functions for core design and manufacturing for transformers.
Based in Tokyo, JFE is one of the world’s largest steel producers with over 45,000 employees and operations globally.
If you would like to be considered, please apply in confidence. For more information about starting your career with JFE Shoji Power Canada, please visit https://www.jfeshojipower.com/