Production Worker (Burlington) - 500 Sign-on Bonus after 4 weeks
JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc. is looking for Production Workers in Burlington, ON!
Formerly Cogent Power Inc., JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc. is under new management.
While we appreciate all applicants, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
This position is located in Burlington, Ontario - 845 Laurentian Drive, L7N 3W7 (Conveniently located on bus route)
This position will be on ROTATING continental shifts (12-hour shifts, day/night) and overtime available as required, there will be a shift premium (80 cents) on all regular hours.
Shift times are 7 am to 7 pm (vice versa for the night shift). At this time we cannot accommodate a day or night shift only-schedule.
Starting at $20+ an hour PLUS shift premium, at 6 months you'll be enrolled into our production bonus.
Why you should join JFE:
- $500 signing bonus after your first 4 weeks
- 2 weeks of paid training - learn the role on site!
- Travel Subsidy:
- We will be providing a subsidy to all employees that incur the costs of travelling to work. These subsidies will be provided at the end of the month in the form of a gas card (i.e April subsidy will be provided by mid-May).
- For those who take a city bus to work, we will be providing a transit pass.
- 100% Health & Benefit Plan
- RRSP + RPP Pension Plan (Company matching!)
- Perkopolis Account - get access to 5000+ exclusive online discounts to stores & sports events (Hello Fresh, Apple, Indigo, Toronto Marlies, Toronto Raptors, etc.)
- Boot & Prescription Safety Glasses Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance (free confidential counselling program)
- Annual Canada's Wonderland event
- & More
What you’ll do as a Production Worker:
- Set up machine according to work order and operating procedures
- Ensure product meets quality requirements as per work order, operating procedures and customers’ specifications
- Basic troubleshooting of machine and process flow
- Read work orders and understand all measurements
- Follow priority schedule
About you, simply stated:
- Basic measuring skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Mechanically inclined
- Manufacturing experience is a strong asset
About JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc:
On September 20th, 2019, JFE Shoji Trade Corporation acquired 100% of the shares of Cogent Power Inc, from Tata Steel Europe. Grouped together, the Cogent and JFE Shoji Steel America business make it possible for JFE Shoji to capture greater market share in the electrical steel market for both transformer and automotive products. The combination of Cogent and JFE Shoji has become one of the largest processors of electrical steel transformers in the world. JFE Shoji currently has many other production and processing facilities throughout Asia, as well as a facility in Tijuana, Mexico.
Globally, JFE Shoji enhanced the business’ competitiveness by sharing and integrating technical skills with deep business experience, which can be strongly applied to the global and North American markets. With this investment, JFE Shoji has one of the world’s leading processing and distribution functions for core design and manufacturing for transformers.
Based in Tokyo, JFE is one of the world’s largest steel producers with over 45,000 employees and operations globally.
If you would like to be considered, please apply in confidence. For more information about starting your career with JFE Shoji Power Canada, please visit https://www.jfeshojipower.com/
Job Type: Full time, benefits, vacation, RRSP and Pension offered!
Salary: $20+ an hour