JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc. is seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join our growing team! Reporting to the Material Manager, the Shipper/Receiver will check shipments received against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders or any other related documents to ensure that discrepancies or damages are identified.
& the Duties…
- Checking shipments received against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders and/or any other related documents to ensure that any discrepancies or damages are identified, recorded, and brought to the appropriate departments’ attention
- Operate forklift and lift trucks to load/offload materials
- Sorting incoming parts, supplies and materials, placing them where designated
- Checking items to be shipped against pick list to ascertain that part number, quantity, labeling, and carrier selection is correct.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of shipment
- Moving goods to be shipped to the loading dock and loading the carrier’s vehicle
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures
- Maintain shipping and receiving area by ensuring a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to stand/drive forklift for 90 %+ of the workday
Your skills & experience…
You are a well-rounded candidate with a positive attitude an incredible eye for detail! You are comfortable communicating within the Supply Chain team and take and share ownership of challenges to help the organization progress.
You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys taking on a good challenge. You are a detail driven individual who thrives off a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy.
& the skills, knowledge & abilities required…
- Experience in a transportation, warehouse and distribution environment is preferred
- Strong experience in outbound shipments and paperwork processing
- Previous experience managing customs and steel documentation
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills. Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and processes.
A successful, forward thinking, lean manufacturer. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation of our product and process. We develop our people and seek to breakdown the traditional boundaries of a functional organization. We nurture ideas and growth and create positive experiences for our clients by taking on their challenges as our own.
On September 20th, 2019, JFE Shoji Trade Corporation acquired 100% of the shares of Cogent Power Inc, from Tata Steel Europe. Grouped together, the Cogent and JFE Shoji Steel America business make it possible for JFE Shoji to capture greater market share in the electrical steel market for both transformer and automotive products. The combination of Cogent and JFE Shoji has become one of the largest processors of electrical steel transformers in the world. JFE Shoji currently has many other production and processing facilities throughout Asia, as well as a facility in Tijuana, Mexico.
Globally, JFE Shoji enhanced the business’ competitiveness by sharing and integrating technical skills with deep business experience, which can be strongly applied to the global and North American markets. With this investment, JFE Shoji has one of the world’s leading processing and distribution functions for core design and manufacturing for transformers.
Based in Tokyo, JFE is one of the world’s largest steel producers with over 45,000 employees and operations globally.
If you would like to be considered, please apply in confidence. For more information about starting your career with JFE Shoji Power Canada, please visit https://www.jfeshojipower.com/