Organization: JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Position Status: Full Time, Permanent
Salary : $130,000.00
Work Location: 845 Laurentian Drive, Burlington, ON, L7N 3W7
The primary objective of this role is to identify and develop strategic business relationships with potential clients as well as improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth and achieve the annual sales target. Target market segments for this position are automotive EV/HEV powertrain, aerospace motors, and micro-mobility applications for thin gauge non-oriented electrical steels (NOES) and motor cores.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate stakeholders & integrate for cross/multi functional team work to breakthrough concerning points to expand business.
- Oversee product sales from traditional applications (ie., industrial motors, generators, etc) to move into automotive and niche applications (ie., energy storage aerospace/defence)
- Transforming future market growth and moving to high value stream and added value products, by applying advanced technical and industry knowledge of NOES materials and high efficiency motor applications including high frequency drives
- Identify new markets and regions where significant growth can be achieved in automotive, micro-mobility and renewable energy applications
- Lead organization into new markets and breaking new grounds to identify key niche applications and opening new markets for its ultra-thin gauge electrical steel products
- Advise customers on benefits and tailoring solutions to become a key player in the automotive supply chain and becoming part of the E-mobility revolution
- Develop new business opportunities and other prospects for potential new clients
- Participate in pricing solutions
Quality Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience with Safe Work Standards/Job Instructions able to Train/Audit
- Experience with 200 Level Manuals as designated (calibration, doc control, material substitution)
- Strong knowledge of motor and generator material (NOES) specifications, and processing capabilities, tolerances and needs.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in structure-property relationship of metallic materials
- Expertise in understanding mechanical behaviour of metallic materials corresponding to the changes in composition and microstructure
- expertise understanding fracture mechanisms and the reasons for fracture and failure of metallic materials in service
- Confidence in performing tensile, impact toughness, hardness, fracture toughness and fatigue testing of materials
- Competence in using material characterization techniques, such as optical microscopy, electron microscopy (SEM), electronic back scattered diffraction (EBSD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), thermal analysis (TG/DSC/Dilatometer) and surface profilometer to perform microstructural and fractographic analysis
- Knowledge and experience in the selection of motor core materials to achieve the performance expectations of unique designs
- Application of high frequency motor drives, and the use of ultra-thin NOES materials
- Advanced processing and bonding techniques for the production of motor cores for automotive, aerospace and micro-mobility applications
- Experience and knowledge of non-oriented electrical steels, their production and characteristics.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions in automotive power train, micro-mobility and unique high frequency motor applications.
- Basic computer programming and web design
- Knowledge with matlab and nanotechnology
- Strong technical background and skills; business, sales and marketing acumen, and the ability to sell highly value added motor product solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills to create strong relationships with partners, clients and team members
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of business trends
- Organizational skills
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
If you would like to be considered, please apply by submitting your resume
For more information about starting your career with JFE Shoji Power Canada, please visit https://www.jfeshojipower.com/
Job Type: Full time, benefits, vacation, RRSP and Pension offered!